Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Fat to fitness instructor: Boot camp helps man lose 120 pounds - CNN.com

Fat to fitness instructor: Boot camp helps man lose 120 pounds - CNN.com: "Fat to fitness instructor: Boot camp helps man lose 120 pounds"

Weighing 335 pounds, Lenczowski suffered constantly from pain in his knees and ankles. Everyday activities such as walking and even traveling on an airplane had become difficult.
At the age of 39, he was diagnosed with a heart condition and hypertension (high blood pressure). He knew it was time to make a change and his doctor agreed.
"It was a chore to get to work. I had to park and then walk," says Lenczowski. "By the time I got to work I was sweating and I would have to time things so I could cool off before I had a meeting."
The extra weight not only took a toll on his physical health, but also was chipping away at his self-esteem. Lenczowski, who worked as a fundraiser for a nonprofit health organization, felt like a hypocrite

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home